Join the conversation for Let's Talk Month. Challenge yourself and other askable adults to start important conversations about love, sex and relationships with the child in your life. Feel free to use the following sample tweets and click to download the social media images and share them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #LetsTalkMonth.
- October is Let’s Talk Month! Visit www.shiftnc.org/letstalkmonth for tips on how to get the conversation started #LetsTalkMonth
- Parents do not have to be an expert to talk to their children about sex, love and relationships. #LetsTalkMonth http://www.shiftnc.org/resources/for-parents
- Talk Early. Talk Often. #LetsTalkMonth
- Let’s Talk Month means talking about birth control, too! http://www.teenplaybook.org/ #LetsTalkMonth
- Help your teen access teen friendly sexual health services! http://www.teenplaybook.org/birth-control/where-to-get-it/ #LetsTalkMonth
- Be cool… or not! Make awkward conversations easier this October! http://www.shiftnc.org/resources/for-parents #LetsTalkMonth
- The best time to talk to your kids about sex is now. Be askable. #LetsTalkMonth
- Teens have a right to confidential conversations with health care providers.
- Take time to ask and answer questions. http://www.shiftnc.org/resources/for-medical-professionals #LetsTalkMonth
- Support effective sex education so students can use facts to make informed decisions about their health. http://www.shiftnc.org/resources/for-schools #LetsTalkMonth
- Sex education is an important component of health education – and is supported by tens, researchers, and public policy! http://www.shiftnc.org/resources/for-schools #LetsTalkMonth
Public Awareness Resources
Promote parent-child communication by hanging posters in your community. Download poster here.
Need help planning for your talk? Use our conversation starters! Download card here.
National Let's Talk Month Campaign
To learn more about the national Let's Talk Month awareness campaign, visit www.advocatesforyouth.org/lets-talk-month.