PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Training Coordinator works with the Director of Training and Consulting Services to coordinate, develop, and deliver a broad spectrum of online and in-person training opportunities for youth-serving professionals focused on a variety of adolescent sexual health topics. The Coordinator provides logistical support to ensure that trainings are delivered professionally and with high quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates logistics for SHIFT NC trainings, including ordering lunch, ordering training supplies, managing participant registration and evaluation processes, room set-up and break down, and other relevant tasks.
- Works with the Director of Training and Consulting Services to market SHIFT NC’s training opportunities to existing and new partners, including exhibiting at conferences and other outreach opportunities.
- Assesses training needs of existing and new partners and designs or revises training materials accordingly.
- Delivers capacity-building training along with SHIFT NC training staff, including but not limited to Trauma Informed Sexuality Education, Adolescent Sexual Health, Reproductive Health Basics and select evidence-based curricula.
- Collaborates with LGBTQ Capacity Coordinator in developing and delivering tools and trainings to build the capacity of schools, health centers, and other environments to affirm LGBTQ youth.
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes data on the use, results, and impact of SHIFT NC’s training and consulting services.
- Stays up to date on adolescent sexual health topics and trends.
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned, including participating in ad-hoc working groups that support the organization’s strategic plan.
- Works evenings and weekends as necessary; travels as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of experience in teen pregnancy prevention, sexual health, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse group dynamics within a training delivery context
- Ability to communicate with strong written and oral skills in an easily-understood and tactful manner to multiple audiences.
- Skilled at making presentations to small and large audiences.
- Experience with evidence-based sexual health curricula, approaches, and strategies.
- Experience developing and delivering training for adult learners based on best practices.
- Experience working with systems that serve youth (such as school systems).
- Experience working on issues related to LGBTQ youth.
- Experience working with marginalized populations, communities of faith, and those of varying political views.
- Experience with online learning platforms preferred.
- Welcomes, recognizes, and appreciates others’ suggestions, points of view, and contributions while working to create a work environment that is inclusive and collaborative.
- Actively participates in collaborative efforts while demonstrating respect for colleagues.
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice in driving team and organizational results.
INITIATIVE: Training and Consulting Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Training and Consulting Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION DURATION: This position is budgeted for one year with potential to continue based on funding availability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION: November 25th, 2018
START DATE: January 2019
SALARY RANGE: $45,000- $53,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 25th, 2018:
- Cover letter detailing how your qualifications align with our needs;
- A sample lesson you created to teach adult learners.
SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we have expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care. Learn more at shiftnc.org.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.
SHIFT NC is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from candidates with different lived experiences and backgrounds.