PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: To manage All Together Now, a CDC-funded demonstration project working with publicly-funded health care partners to better serve vulnerable populations. It aims to increase young people’s access to and uptake of contraceptive and reproductive health services in Durham, North Carolina. The project provides and coordinates training and technical assistance to increase the youth-friendliness of Durham’s Title X providers, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and school-based health centers. These partners include Durham County Department of Public Health, Lincoln Community Health Center, Planned Parenthood South Atlantic, Duke Division of Community Health, and Duke University Health System. The project also works to increase linkages to care through referral networks with local youth serving organizations and through social marketing.
ALL TOGETHER NOW is starting year 4 of the 5 year project and is leading to improved quality of and availability of youth-friendly health services; strong, formal referral networks to increase access to care; and, ultimately, increased use of health care systems and effective contraceptive methods by youth in Durham County.
The Project Manager’s (PM) duties are to plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of the project and to lead the project team to achieve the stated desired outcomes of the project. The PM will coordinate with the project team to ensure that all benchmarks of assessment, implementation, and evaluation are met or surpassed.
INITIATIVE: ALL TOGETHER NOW: Making Health and Referral Systems Work for Young People
REPORTS TO: Chief Program Officer
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of the grant
- Support and coordinate a high functioning team; supervise 3 team members
- Set strategic direction and quarterly benchmarks and monitor progress to goals
- Support evaluation activities throughout the project
- Set vision for sustaining systems changes and disseminating lessons learned
- Lead communication with CDC program officer; maintaining the strong partnership
- Monitor and report on project progress including end of year report, interim report and continuation application
- Facilitate quarterly Key Leadership Team meetings.
- Monitor MOAs and sub awards; work with project staff to assure that quarterly benchmarks are met and that continued funding is justified.
- Monitor project budget for allowable expenditures/keep project on budget and assure that all audit materials are included in project audit file
- Be the spokesperson of the project to SHIFT NC board and at conferences/presentations
- Continue to build sustainability of effective project strategies
- Innovate and act on opportunities
- Anticipate obstacles and develop workable solutions; implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Serve on the clinic improvement team; bringing ATN lessons and strategies to the fore
- Collaborate with Directors of Clinic Improvement and Custom Services to build clinic-focused work; cultivate relationships for expansion projects including selected MCOs.
- Coordinate with other program managers and directors to support SHIFT NC strategic plan
- Contribute to and serve on SHIFT NC’s internal working groups as needed
- Serve as a trainer when necessary/as needed
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress as well as problems and solutions
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- MPH or MSW preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience in project management including managing budgets
- Knowledge of best practices for adolescent reproductive health services and adolescent sexual health promotion
- Experience working with publicly-funded health systems
- Experience using quality improvement strategies, preferably in a clinic setting
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups
- Knowledge of the administration, financing and organization of clinical services
- Knowledge of quality improvement strategies and approaches
- Ability to plan and forecast, manage all aspects of projects, oversee evaluation
- Ability to monitor and support partners to stay on track and focused on project goals
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and make decisions
- Ability to work well as part of a team using a strengths-based approach
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) about adolescent sexual health and related issues in a clear, positive, data-informed voice; with diverse audiences and for various purposes
- Ability to simultaneously meet multiple deadlines across multiple projects or task groups, and move projects forward with autonomy and minimal direction.
- Strong commitment to SHIFT NC’s mission and vision.
- Welcomes, recognizes, and appreciates others’ suggestions, points of view and contributions while working to create a work environment that is inclusive and collaborative.
- Actively participates in collaborative efforts while demonstrating respect for colleagues.
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice in driving team and organizational results.
POSITION DURATION: This position is funded through a grant that is scheduled to end September 2020. Employment is at-will and is contingent on continued grant funding.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION: January 4, 2019
START DATE: Negotiable
Salary: $58,000-$63,000 Commensurate with experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit the following items via email to email@example.com by 5:00 PM on January 4, 2019:
- Cover letter detailing how your qualifications align with our needs
SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care. Learn more at shiftnc.org.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.
SHIFT NC is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from candidates with different lived experiences and backgrounds