SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is requesting bids for a consultant to assist our project team in developing a manuscript for submission to an academic or scholarly (peer-reviewed) journal.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is a statewide nonprofit leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. By increasing awareness, disseminating data, improving policy, supplying professional development, and providing leadership, we are empowering North Carolina’s professionals to support healthy development. Our approach uses successful, evidence-based methods to make a positive change for teen pregnancy prevention, HIV and STIs, healthy development, sexuality, and relationships.
Background SHIFT NC is in the fifth and final year of a CDC-funded demonstration project aimed at improving sexual and reproductive health services (SRH) to adolescents in publicly-funded health centers in Durham, NC. Over the course of the project, SHIFT NC has collected quantitative and qualitative data on the impact of our clinical quality improvement services for health center partners and teen clients. We hope to use these multiple data sources to answer research questions that contribute to the generalizable best practices for improving SRH services for adolescents. .
Scope of Work
- Review project brief and meet with SHIFT NC project staff to have a thorough understanding of the project.
- Work with SHIFT NC project staff to finalize research questions and help refine the main focus of the manuscript based on data, audience, and purpose.
- Identify appropriate academic journals and provide options to SHIFT NC project staff.
- Based on the guidelines of the selected journal, develop a detailed outline of the manuscript.
- Assign writing sections, set deadlines and a schedule for reviewing sections.
- Review sections drafted by SHIFT NC project staff and merge into one document.
- Perform written edits to the document to make language and style consistent and to create transitions between sections.
- Consultant will perform a final meticulous review of manuscript before SHIFT NC submits.
- SHIFT NC will be responsible for conducting a concise and focused literature review and associated bibliography.
- SHIFT NC staff will make up the authorship and will decide, based on guidelines of journal and general best practice, the author order.
- SHIFT NC will submit the manuscript to the academic journal and be the main contact.
- We envision this work taking place over a period of 6 months starting in March.
- Experience writing and submitting peer-reviewed journal manuscripts
- Experience providing consultation to a team
- Ability to identify/recommend academic journals for submission
- Organized, efficient, and ability to progress based on agreed-upon timeline
Submission of Bids
Bids should include:
- Brief overview of relevant experience
- Brief description of contractor capability to perform the tasks outlined in the scope of work
- Estimated costs to complete scope of work
Bids will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2020 and may be submitted via email or hard copy to the address below. Questions can be sent to Sally Swanson, contact information below.
Sally Swanson, Chief Strategic and Program Officer, SHIFT NC, 3710 University Drive, Suite 310, Durham, NC 27707