Primary Purpose of Position:
To manage NC YOUTH CONNECTED (NCYC), a project aimed at reducing teen pregnancy rates in Cumberland and Wayne Counties by 50% by 2020. The strategies are focused on implementing and sustaining evidence-based programs and linkages to adolescent-friendly healthy care, and on building community support for effective teen pregnancy prevention. The project aims to equip selected communities with the leadership, knowledge, and skills to collectively impact teen pregnancy and teen birth rates by scaling up evidence-based programs and practices to reach critical numbers of young people with repeated exposures to prevention messages and connecting them with quality clinic services and the most effective methods of contraception The Project Manager’s (PM) duties are to plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of the project and to lead the project team to achieve the stated desired outcomes of the project. The PM will coordinate with the project team to ensure that all benchmarks of assessment, implementation, and evaluation are met or surpassed. The Project Manager reports to the CPO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the grant
- Support and coordinate a high functioning team
- Set strategic direction and quarterly benchmarks and monitor progress to goals.
- Execute/coordinate evaluation activities throughout the project
- Lead communication with OAH; maintain communication and strong partnership with OAH project officer.
- Supervise at least one project staff and coordinate the team to ensure people are working together in a helpful, coordinated, communicative way.
- Monitor MOAs and sub awards; work with project staff to assure that quarterly benchmarks are met and that continued funding is justified.
- Monitor project budget for allowable expenditures/keep project on budget and assure that all audit materials are included in project audit file
- Be the spokesperson of the project to SHIFT NC board and at conferences/presentations
- Continue to build sustainability of effective project strategies
- Convene or contribute to community advisory teams in Cumberland and Wayne Counties
- Contribute to and serve on SHIFT NC’s internal working groups as needed.
- Welcomes, recognizes, and appreciates others’ suggestions, points of view and contributions while working to create a work environment that is inclusive and collaborative.
- Actively participates in collaborative efforts while demonstrating respect for colleagues.
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice in driving team and organizational results.
- Strong commitment to SHIFT NC’s mission and vision
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Anticipate obstacles and develop workable solutions; implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Monitor and report on project progress
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- MPH or MSW preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience in project management including managing budgets
- Knowledge of best practices in teen pregnancy prevention, adolescent sexual health promotion
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups
- Experience working with systems and organizations that serve youth
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and evaluate all aspects of project
- Ability to collaborate with other training organizations and youth-serving systems
- Ability to monitor and support partners to stay on track and focused on project goals
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and make decisions
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) with diverse audiences
- Ability to travel approximately 10- 20% to the project counties
SHIFT NC is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from candidates with different lived experiences and backgrounds.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Project Duration: This project is grant-funded through June 2020 and the position is entirely contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Deadline for Application Submission: October 29, 2018
Start date: November 15, 2018 (negotiable)
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position, by email to: email@example.com by October 29, 2018.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care. Learn more at shiftnc.org.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.