Reports to: CEO
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Grant/Funding Period: Budgeted through June 2019 with potential to continue based on funding
The Executive Coordinator provides high-level administrative, strategic, and managerial support to the organization’s CEO and other members of the executive team. This involves drafting correspondence and reports, managing the CEO’s calendar, scheduling and preparing materials for meetings, supporting organizational events, and serving as a coordinator for and liaison to the board of directors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research and compile information related to organizational goals and objectives and the CEO’s/Executive Team’s decision-making needs.
- Manage meeting schedules and prepare materials and background documents for meetings; coordinate CEO’s calendar.
- Plan meetings by compiling agendas, coordinating logistics and materials, inviting guests, and taking notes.
- Provide project management for internal projects of the Executive Team, including managing request for proposal processes and systems/process changes.
- Support quarterly board meetings, including scheduling, preparation of materials, arranging catering, and arranging off-site locations as necessary.
- Take minutes at board meetings and select board committee meetings.
- Reestablish and then maintain board portal with up to date documents.
- Support board recruitment efforts, including research, scheduling meetings, timeline and pipeline management.
- Coordinate staff meetings and events, whether on- or off-site.
- Provide support to fundraising events and generate acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Maintain training room calendar and fee structure for outside groups. Work with outside groups to meet their needs.
- Track select organizational processes and indicators.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to working as part of a team to achieve group goals.
- Actively participates in collaborative efforts while demonstrating respect for colleagues.
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Identifies and proposes opportunities to provide additional support in alignment with needs and personal skills and talents.
- Works evenings and weekends as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accomplish day-to-day tasks and long-term goals and to identify needs appropriate to the role and fill them.
- Ability to communicate with strong oral skills in an easily-understood and tactful manner to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated editing and writing and ability to distill messages and communicate clearly in writing to multiple audiences.
- Remarkable attention to detail, and appreciation for the big picture.
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds and with varying skill sets.
- Creativity and innovation to solve problems and overcome challenges.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Commitment to maintain absolute confidentiality of meetings and documents.
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently and organize and prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Committed to equity, inclusion, and social justice in driving team and organizational results.
Education and Background:
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience providing high-level, administrative support to senior management.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by June 12, 2018.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care. Learn more at shiftnc.org.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.