Job description: Evaluation Assistant
Reports to: Evaluation Specialist
Classification: Part-time, Contractor
About SHIFT NC:
SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is a statewide nonprofit leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. By increasing awareness, disseminating data, improving policy, supplying professional development, and providing leadership, we are empowering North Carolina’s professionals to support healthy development. Our approach uses successful, evidence-based methods to make a positive change for teen pregnancy prevention, HIV and STIs, healthy development, sexuality, and relationships.
To assist with the evaluation and monitoring of SHIFT NC’s clinic improvement initiatives, including All Together Now, Healthy Tomorrow Alliance, and High Point Access.
Essential Responsibilities to Include, but not be limited to:
- Timely collection of project data including clinic quarterly data, teen patient surveys, room studies, etc.
- Assist with data management and cleaning, data entry, data analysis, and quality control.
- Create summary reports of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Assist with key informant interviews (recruitment, note taking, interviewing, transcription, analysis, etc.) and with a variety of research activities.
- Create dissemination products for mixed audiences, including project staff and funders, as needed.
- Prepare literature reviews based on published and web-based literature and other information sources.
- Assist with other program evaluation tasks as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong written communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Atlas ti.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Qualitative analysis/coding experience.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health preferred.
- Master’s in public health or relevant field preferred.
Timeline & Stipend: Compensation is commensurate with experience. The contract is for 10-20 hours/week for 6 to 12 months, with the potential for extension. This position will be based in the SHIFT NC Durham office with the opportunity to work remotely, as permitting.
Deadline for Application Submission: 5:00pm, Tuesday, February 26th, 2019
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume or CV and cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, and board service.