Job description: Dissemination Assistant
Reports to: Evaluation Specialist
Classification: Limited hours, time-bound, paid internship/contractor
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) is a statewide nonprofit leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. By increasing awareness, disseminating data, improving policy, supplying professional development, and providing leadership, we are empowering North Carolina’s professionals to support healthy development. Our approach uses successful, evidence-based methods to make a positive change for teen pregnancy prevention, HIV and STIs, healthy development, sexuality, and relationships.
Position Summary: To assist with dissemination activities including manuscript preparation related to SHIFT NC’s clinic improvement initiatives, including All Together Now, Healthy Tomorrow Alliance, and High Point Access.
Tasks to include:
- Gathering, sorting, and cleaning data (both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Literature review related to manuscript development
- Fact sheet preparation
- Collaborating/communicating with the SHIFT NC project teams and manuscript consultant
- Potential for additional tasks related to project brief and presentation development
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in public health research
- Graduate student in public health or relevant field preferred
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data preferred
- Experience writing academic manuscripts and/or scholarly papers preferred
Timeline & Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience. The contract would be based on completing the discrete tasks listed. We anticipate this could take 5-10 hours/week for up to 6 months. This position will be based in the SHIFT NC Durham office with the opportunity to work remotely, as permitting.
Deadline for Application Submission: 5:00pm, Monday, February 10, 2020
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume or CV and cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position by email to email@example.com
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, and board service.