The Clinic Improvement and Linking Specialist will facilitate technical assistance and training with health center partners in both Greensboro and High Point on nationally recognized best practices for high-quality adolescent and young adult reproductive health care. The specialist will plan, organize, and direct quality improvement activities associated with the capacity building of health center partners to implement/enhance access to evidence-based and teen-friendly contraceptive and reproductive health care services. The candidate will work with Greensboro and High Point youth-serving systems to develop and strengthen a referral and linking network with health center partners. This position is part of the Healthy Tomorrow Alliance Initiative, funded through the Cone Health Foundation and High Point Access Initiative, funded through The Foundation for a Healthy High Point-Bright Beginnings Initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct technical assistance and training to four Greensboro and two High Point health center partners who provide reproductive and sexual health services. Develop and manage relationships with senior leaders and critical clinic staff.
- Provide training and support to ten youth-serving organizations in High Point to establish a referral network to health center partners.
- Collaborate with project evaluator to identify, develop and maintain systems to collect, report and use data for performance measurement and continuous quality improvement activities; regularly review data with partner staff members.
- Assist/support health center leaders in prioritizing and implementing improvement strategies
- Manage and evaluate technical support activities with clinic partners
- Collaborate with the project coordinator to provide necessary training materials and resources; to develop appropriate T/TA plans for each health center partner
- Coordinate and organize clinical leadership team meetings with each partner
- Establish, monitor, and maintain linkages between youth-serving systems/agencies and health center partners
- Plan and deliver training to youth-serving systems/agencies to build referral capacity
- Work collaboratively to organize communication activities between partners and youth-serving system partners
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Experience providing training to adult learners (e.g., healthcare staff, health educators, social workers, and other youth-serving professionals); experience with evidence-based curricula is a plus
- Experience providing technical assistance/coaching in public health or healthcare setting preferred
- Experience within a publicly-funded health system and/or private healthcare providers
- Knowledge and experience using quality improvement strategies, preferably in a clinic setting
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups
- Experience providing guidance on data collection, interpretation, and evaluation
- Knowledge of best practices designed for adolescent reproductive health services
- Understanding of the administration, financing, and organization of clinical services preferred
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and evaluate the delivery of clinical services and improvement activities
- Ability to monitor and support partner progress towards benchmarks
- Ability to acquire and apply new content
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
Education and Background:
- Master’s-level degree in health-related field preferred or bachelor’s-level degree with equivalent work experiences
- 5-10 years in sexual and reproductive health related field
- 5-10 years providing trainings to adult learners
- 5-10 years working in a health care setting
- 3-5 years facilitating quality improvement in a healthcare setting
Position Duration: This position is budgeted through September 2021.
Application Procedure: Please submit resume and cover letter to TriadClinicImprovement@shiftnc.org by October 16th October 19th (deadline extended) at 5pm.
SHIFT NC is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organization's programs or services.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) - formerly the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina - is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care. Learn more at shiftnc.org.