Elinvar is conducting the search for SHIFT NC's permanent CEO.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) serves as chief executive of SHIFT NC and, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of the organization. Together, the Board and CEO assure SHIFT NC’s relevance, the accomplishment of SHIFT NC’s mission and vision, and the accountability of SHIFT NC to its diverse constituents.
The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the CEO, who has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The CEO provides direction to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
This is a fast-paced, high profile executive position based in Durham, NC, with responsibility for SHIFT NC operations. The opportunity of the next CEO is to lead a well established and accomplished team of professionals, work with key partners across the state and beyond, and continue to build the expanded mission while incorporating equity and inclusion in the work as well as supporting the internal culture that embraces these values.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, experience in the field of sexual health is preferred but not required
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience
- Previous experience in an executive or senior leadership role serving in a medium size, complex organization reporting to a board of directors
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set, and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and developing new relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
SHIFT NC offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position via email to: email@example.com Please apply no later than October 31 November 19. (Deadline Extended)
SHIFT NC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board of directors.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.