Starting your period can be lots of things: exciting, scary, momentous, weird. But starting your period at school is just...awkward. The First Period Campaign is your chance to make it better by launching your very own fundraising page to support growing girls.
For decades, SHIFT NC has helped North Carolina schools help young people grow up healthy by building schools' capacity to offer high-quality, effective, comprehensive sex education. Through the First Period Campaign, we will provide interested schools across the state with a safety net toolkit to help girls if they start their period at school. The toolkit includes: a First Period decal to display to let girls know they can get a free pad if they need it, a "helper's pledge" to offer nonjudgmental support, and a supply of pads.
Our goal is to raise $20,000 by May 31st to provide First Period Kits to 200 schools before the start of the 2016-17 school year. With your participation, we know we can beat our goal!
Jump directly to the First Period Campaign now!
How to Participate
- Go to the First Period Campaign page to set up your fundraiser or make a donation.
- Go through the easy step-by-step process to set up your personal fundraising page.
- Share your personal fundraising page with your personal networks.
Tools for a Successful Campaign
- How to Set Up a Fundraiser Guide - Setting up your personal fundraising page is pretty intuitive, but handy document walks you through every step just in case you get stuck.
- Promo Templates - Sample emails, Facebook posts and tweets to get you rolling
Set up your fundraiser today or make a donation to help make periods at school less...awkward.