Having a strong sexuality education law doesn't automatically translate into great education or easy teaching. In order to make sexuality education easy and comfortable for schools to provide - and effective for students and families - local education agencies (LEAs) must examine their practices and procedures.
The RHS Procedures Manual is a tool for LEAs to use to help strengthen their sexuality education policies, practices, and procedures. The maual covers:
- Basic requirements and the Essential Standards
- How to partner with parents and address any concerns
- Finding educational resources and tools that meet the law's requirement for medical accuracy
- Answering questions in the classroom
- Opt-in/out policies
- Maintaining a healthy classroom environment
- Creating safe space for all students
Questions? Contact School Engagement Specialist Jenny Palmer.