Helping young people be safe, healthy, and responsible – and stay that way for a lifetime – is only effective when it’s a team effort.
So what’s your role? It might be:
- Talking to your own child about sex, relationships, health, and values
- Providing effective sex education
- Serving adolescent patients in accordance with both North Carolina law and best practice
- Making sure your family is safe and strong – even if you’re a teen mom or dad
- Taking responsibility for your own health
We recognize that navigating those roles and responsibilities can be challenging:
- You might feel embarrassed to talk about sexual health
- Maybe you just got assigned to teach sex education
- You’re not sure what’s good information and what’s myth or stereotype
We’ve developed this resource section for you! Whether you’re a teen, adult, parent, teacher, or doctor – or just someone who cares – we hope this section helps.