The Carrera Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program - our office mates! - is searching for a Curriculum Development Coordinator. Located in Durham, NC, this full-time staff person would be responsible for working with a team of content experts and managing the process for the ongoing development and dissemination of age and stage curricula to be implemented in program replications around the country.
The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) – Carrera Program is an evidenced-based, primary adolescent pregnancy prevention program implementing replications in New York City and in other geographies across the county. The CAS-Carrera program has been designated as a “Top Tier” evidenced based program by The Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy and a recipient of the Social Innovation Fund. CAS-Carrera has opened a National Accreditation and Training Center in Durham, NC and is seeking a Curriculum Development Coordinator.
Curriculum Development Coordinator
CAS-Carrera is seeking to hire a full time Curriculum Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Sr. Assistant Director for National Implementation and Quality Assurance, this staff person will be responsible for working with a team of content experts and managing the process for the ongoing development and dissemination of age and stage curricula to be implemented in program replications around the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective processes and protocols for the development, review, production and dissemination of program curriculum for the Family Life and Sexuality Education (FLSE) and the Mental Health components
- Edit and update existing lesson plans/training documents to reflect current trends and best practices in the respective fields
- Work closely with subject matter experts to evaluate and revise materials as appropriate
- Establish and/or maintain timelines and deliverables relative to the production of program materials; coordinate external vendor relationships with designated graphic design and printing companies
- Additional duties as assigned
- A Master’s degree in education or related subject is required
- Experience working with curriculum development, preferably in the areas of FLSE or Mental Health
- Knowledgeable about age and stage development with an emphasis on middle and high school youth, differentiated instruction, and the integration of multiple learning styles/intelligences in
- Strong communication (oral and written), detail oriented, highly organized and the ability to multitask; track record of successful project management
- Proficient in technology/software applications including PowerPoint and Excel
Please apply to:
Shelia Reich, MSW
Senior Assistant Director, National Implementation & Quality Assurance
The Children's Aid Society Carrera Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program
National Accreditation and Training Center
3708 Mayfair Street, Suite 310 | Durham, NC 27707
Phone: 646.678.1742 or 718.208.5939 | www.stopteenpregnancy.com