Job description: Community Coordinator
Primary Purpose of Position: The Community Coordinator will manage the work in Cumberland County as part of the North Carolina Youth Connected Project, an initiative of SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) and funded through the Office of Adolescent Health Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative. The project aims to equip selected communities with the leadership, knowledge, and skills to collectively impact teen pregnancy and teen birth rates by scaling up evidence-based programs and practices to reach critical numbers of young people with repeated exposures to prevention messages and information on accessing clinic services.
The coordinator will work with community leaders, coordinate training and technical assistance on evidence-based programs and practices, and assist with project evaluation and documenting community processes. The coordinator will work closely with partner agencies in local communities to facilitate mutually reinforcing strategies (education and linking networks) with project partners, as well as manage internal day-to-day operations according to project requirements and in collaboration with the project director and other project staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing and coordinating a Community Advisory Group
- Finalize and monitor MOUs and work plans using Getting To Outcomes with each program partner
- Responsible for planning and benchmarking tasks to ensure completion of project deliverables- including organizing necessary Training and Technical Assistance
- Communicating and coordinating with the rest of project staff and with project partners to keep the work plan on pace
- Responsible for directing and coordinating all project activities in Cumberland County
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of work time, primarily in-state
Knowledge and Skill:
- MPH or MSW preferred
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups
- Experience working with a systems change model
- Understanding of best practices in teen pregnancy prevention
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience in teen pregnancy prevention, sexual health, or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
Project Duration: This project is grant-funded through June 2020 and the position is entirely contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Deadline for Application Submission: September 18, 2015
Start date: Oct 1, 2015 (negotiable)
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position, by email to:
Sally Swanson, Director of Prevention Programs, email@example.com
No phone calls or inquiries please.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) - formerly the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina - is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.