Position: North Carolina Youth Connected Clinic Improvement and Linking Specialist
Primary Purpose of Position: The Clinic Improvement and Linking Specialist will facilitate clinic improvements with the health center partners in Onslow and Cumberland Counties. The Specialist will also work with the project team to strengthen a referral and linking network to those health centers. The project, North Carolina Youth Connected, is an initiative of SHIFT NC and is funded through the Office of Adolescent Health Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program. The project aims to equip selected communities with the leadership, knowledge, and skills to collectively impact teen pregnancy and teen birth rates by scaling up evidence-based programs and practices to reach critical numbers of young people with repeated exposures to prevention messages and connecting them with quality clinic services and the most effective methods of contraception.
The Specialist will work with project county health centers, coordinate technical assistance and training on best practices for quality adolescent care, and will facilitate the development of a stronger referral network within each project community. The Specialist will work closely with the project team to facilitate mutually reinforcing strategies (education and linking networks), as well as manage internal day-to-day operations according to project requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders and key clinic staff at health centers
- Assist/support health center leaders in prioritizing clinical best practices and in working with them to apply their existing quality improvement structures to this topic area
- Plan and monitor tasks to ensure completion of project deliverables- including organizing and providing necessary Training and Technical Assistance
- Communicate and coordinate with the rest of project staff and with project partners to keep the work plan on pace
- Coordinate health center quality improvement and linking activities in both Cumberland and Onslow Counties
- Must be able to travel at least 50% (and up to 75% in first year) of work time, primarily to Cumberland and Onslow Counties
Knowledge and Skill:
- MPH or MSW preferred or equivalent work experience; BSN or MSN would also be appropriate
- Understanding of best practices for adolescent reproductive health
- Ability to analyze how systems operate/function
- Ability to monitor and support partners to stay on track to reach benchmark targets
- Comfort working with health systems
- Experience with quality improvement strategies
- Does NOT require specific experience providing technical assistance to health systems and health system staff, though this is desirable; on-the-job coaching and training will be provided
- Ability to quickly absorb new content and implement strategies as part of a larger team
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups
- Experience and/or comfort working with youth-serving organizations
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
Applicants from targeted and nearby counties encouraged to apply.
Project Duration: This project is grant-funded through June 2020 and the position is entirely contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Deadline for Application Submission: September 23, 2015
Start date: Oct 1, 2015 (negotiable)
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position, by email to: Sally Swanson, Director of Prevention Programs, email@example.com
No phone calls or inquiries please.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) - formerly the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina - is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, and board service.