Primary Purpose of Position: The Clinic Improvement and Linking Specialist will develop relationships with health care practices in Wayne and Cumberland Counties which serve a large proportion of youth in the counties and provide training and technical assistance to offer nationally recognized best practices for high quality adolescent and young adult reproductive health care. The Specialist will also work with the project team to strengthen a referral and linking network to those health centers. North Carolina Youth Connected, is an initiative of SHIFT NC and is funded through the Office of Adolescent Health Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program. The project aims to equip selected communities with the leadership, knowledge, and skills to collectively impact teen pregnancy and teen birth rates by scaling up evidence-based programs and practices to reach critical numbers of young people with repeated exposures to prevention messages and connecting them with quality clinic services and the most effective methods of contraception.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire partnerships with at least 2 health care practices; develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders and key clinic staff at health centers
- Assess current practices of new partners and provide recommendations for prioritizing clinical best practices and in working with them to apply their existing quality improvement structures to this topic area
- Work with existing partners to apply their existing quality improvement structures to this topic area
- Plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate training and technical assistance activities for the health center partners
- Develop appropriate training and technical assistance plans for each health center partner based on needs assessment and provide necessary training materials and resources.
- Coordinate and organize clinical leadership team meetings with each health center partner; coordinate clinic partner community of practice
- Create, monitor, and maintain linkages between youth serving systems/agencies and health center partners
- Plan and deliver training to youth serving systems/agencies to build referral capacity
- Organize communication activities between health center partners and youth-serving system partners
- Communicate and coordinate with project staff and project partners to monitor improvement processes and keep the work plan on pace
- Participate in internal Clinic Improvement and Linking Team meetings
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel at least 50% of work time, primarily to Cumberland and Wayne Counties
Knowledge and Skill:
- MPH preferred or equivalent work experience; Master degree in community health education with clinical experience or BSN, MSN would also be appropriate
- Understanding of best practices for adolescent reproductive health
- Ability to analyze how systems operate/function
- Ability to monitor and support partners to stay on track to reach benchmark targets
- Comfort working with health systems
- Demonstrated ability or skills to develop community relations and collaborations
- Experience with quality improvement strategies
- Ability to quickly absorb new content and implement strategies as part of a larger team
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups
- Experience and/or comfort working with youth-serving organizations
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Applicants from targeted and nearby counties encouraged to apply.
Project Duration: This project is grant-funded through June 2020 and the position is entirely contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Deadline for Application Submission: July 7th, 2017 by 5pm
Desired start date: August 28th, 2017
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position, by email to: email@example.com No phone calls or inquiries please.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) - formerly the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina - is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This non-discrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, and board service.