Job Description: Evaluation Specialist
Primary Purpose of Position:
To design, plan, and conduct evaluations of key agency initiatives, under the direction of the Director of Evaluation. Evaluation initiatives may include needs assessments, pre/post intervention outcomes, monitoring and process assessment, compiling data to inform intervention plans, etc. S/he should have strong statistical, project management, writing, and analytical skills. S/he will be work both directly and collaboratively to collect data, analyze data and report on data to internal and external stakeholders.
Responsible for conducting qualitative and qualitative evaluations including:
- Gathering external and internal stakeholder input to inform the development and implementation of all stages of the evaluation.
- Development of evaluation tools and protocols.
- Oversight for data collection, including training and technical assistance for practitioners who perform data collection duties.
- Conducting analyses.
- Create dissemination products for mixed audiences, including funders, professional journals, practitioners, and project staff.
- Collaborate with multiple project teams on multiple projects.
- Coordinate with funders, contractors and project partners to ensure seamless collaboration around evaluation activities.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Experience with evaluating human service initiatives, with a preference for experience with adolescent public health evaluations.
- Some experience with quantitative analysis software (SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.) and qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVIVO or Atlas.ti).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong writing skills, ability to communicate evaluation processes and findings in an easily-understood manner.
- MPH or MSW preferred or relevant experience
Project Duration: This project is grant-funded through June 2020 and the position is entirely contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Deadline for Application Submission: September 18, 2015
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position, by email to: Joy Sotolongo, Evaluation Director, email@example.com. No phone calls or inquiries please.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) - formerly the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina - is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.