Primary Purpose of Position: The Clinic Improvement and Linking Specialist will facilitate technical assistance and training with selected health center partners in High Point on nationally recognized best practices for high quality adolescent and young adult reproductive health care. The specialist will plan, organize, and direct quality improvement activities associated with capacity building of health center partners to implement/enhance access to evidence-based and teen friendly contraceptive and reproductive health care services. In addition, the specialist will work with High Point youth-serving systems and agencies to develop and/or strengthen a referral and linking network to selected health centers. This position is part of the High Point Access Initiative, funded through The Foundation for a Healthy High Point-Bright Beginnings Initiative. This initiative is grant-funded through December 2019 and the position is contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire partnerships with at least 2 health centers providing reproductive and sexual health services in High Point; Develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders and key clinic staff at partnering health centers
- Work with project evaluator and health center staff to identify, develop and maintain systems to collect, report and use data for performance measurement and continuous quality improvement activities; regularly reviews data with health center staff
- Assist/support health center leaders in prioritizing clinical best practices and in working with them to apply their existing quality improvement structures to this topic area and or target population
- Plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate training and technical assistance activities for the health center partners
- Work closely with project coordinator to provide necessary training materials and resources; to develop appropriate training and technical assistance plans for each health center partner
- Coordinate and organize clinical leadership team meetings with each health center partner; coordinate clinic partner community of practice
- Create, monitor, and maintain linkages between youth serving systems/agencies and health center partners
- Plan and deliver training to youth serving systems/agencies to build referral capacity
- Work closely with project coordinator to organize communication activities between health center partners and youth-serving system partners
- Communicate and coordinate with project staff and project partners to monitor improvement processes and keep the work plan on pace
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- MPH or MSW preferred or equivalent work experience; BSN or MSN will be considered
- Experience providing training to adult learners (e.g. health care staff, health educators, social workers, and other youth serving professionals); experience with evidence-based curricula is a plus
- Experience providing technical assistance or coaching in the public health or health care setting preferred; internal coaching and training will be provided
- Experience working with publicly-funded health systems and or private health care providers
- Knowledge of or experience using quality improvement strategies, preferably in a clinic setting
- Experience working with diverse community members and groups; knowledge and experience working with entities in or around High Point, NC preferred but not required
- Experience working in or with youth-serving organizations to achieve a positive public health outcome
- Experience providing guidance on data collection, interpretation, and evaluation
- Knowledge of best practices for adolescent reproductive health services
- Knowledge of the administration, financing and organization of clinical services preferred
- Knowledge of quality improvement strategies and approaches
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and evaluate the delivery of clinical services and quality improvement activities
- Ability to establish rapport and cultivate strong collaboration with youth serving agencies and health centers
- Ability to monitor and support partners to stay on track to reach work plan benchmark
- Ability to quickly absorb new content and implement strategies
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) with diverse audiences
- Ability to work both in a small integrated team and with some level of autonomy
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
SHIFT NC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board of directors. People of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants, women and people who are differently-abled are strongly encouraged to apply.
Project Duration: This project is grant-funded through December 2019 and the position is entirely contingent on continued funding for each of those years.
Deadline for Application Submission: January 31, 2017
Start date: March 1, 2017
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your unique qualifications and interest in the position, by email to: email@example.com; Subject: High Point Access Clinic and Linking Specialist Position. No phone calls or inquiries please.
About SHIFT NC: SHIFT NC (Sexual Health Initiatives For Teens) - formerly the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina - is leading North Carolina to improve adolescent and young adult sexual health. After 30 years of success in adolescent pregnancy prevention, we've expanded our scope to include adolescent pregnancy, HIV and STIs, sexuality, healthy development, relationships, and access to care. Learn more at shiftnc.org.
SHIFT NC offers equal opportunity to and prohibits the discrimination against or harassment of anyone based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, handicapping condition, or other reasons prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, and participation in any of the organizations programs or services.